Monday - C Day
Tuesday - D Day
Wednesday - E Day
Thursday - A Day
Friday - B Day Early Release Dismissal @ 10:55
WORD OF THE WEEK:
- Perseverance - To not give up when something becomes difficult. To “hang in there” and keep trying, even if you make mistakes. Show your best effort by persevering. Although things can sometimes be difficult we must continue to show our best effort by persevering. Don’t give up on a math problem, writing assignment, or homework.
SAVE THE DATE:
September 18-19 - Book Fair Open during Know Your School Night
September 27 - Picture Day
September 29 - 1/2 Day, Dismissal begins at 10:55
October 4 - Walking Wednesdays Begin
October 4 - PTG Meeting @ NGES from 7:00PM-8:00PM. All NSS and NSES families welcome!
November 17 - NSS Fun Run (formerly Walk-a-thon)
September 27, 2017
All pictures take place in the morning between 8:30-10:30
WORCESTER RAILERS NIGHT!
Saturday, October 14th
Reminder, please send in your Railer's Opening Day forms if you plan on attending. We have extended the due date to Friday 9/29. This is a community event and everyone is welcomed. Feel free to invite family, friends & co-workers! We have negotiated a special rate for you which includes a hat of only $16 for opening night, Saturday October 14! The North Street School and the The North Grafton Elementary School will benefit from the proceeds of Chuck-a-Puck. What is Chuck -a- Puck? Chuck-a-Puck are foam pucks sold at the game to toss onto ice to win a prize. We appreciate their generous support of our schools...lets support them on opening night! Questions? Please email: Katheleen Schaker at firstname.lastname@example.org
BRING YOUR PARENT TO PE WEEK:
NSS Stars, It is Take a Parent to PE Week Sept 25-29!
Parents and guardians are welcome to attend PE during their child's regularly schedule time during the week of September 25. The goal is to introduce parents to our NSS PE program and see what fun and valuable experiences your child has in PE. This program also encourages families to be physically active together at home and in the community. To attend, parents must a have a CORI on file and sign in at the main office. Hope to see you next week! Please email Mrs. Peters with any questions.
- Grades 2 & 3 - Hearing and vision screening will be the week of October 2-6. If your child wears glasses, please have them with your child at school. The schedule is as follows:
- Oct 2 - Mrs. Perch Oct 5 - Mrs. Cosgrove
- Oct 3 - Mrs. Ghidotti Oct 6 - Mrs. Boyle
- Oct 4 - Mrs. McLaughlin
- Grade 4 - Notices were sent home this week for 4th grade physicals. Physicals must be dated after August, 2016. If your child has not had a physical, please schedule one as soon as possible. This is a MA State requirement of all public schools.
- Grade 6 - If your child is going to Sargent Center, Nature's Classroom, please fill out and sign the Sargent Center Health Information and Consent forms, pages 1 & 2, which includes sections 1-4. If you will be sending non-prescription medication, please fill out and sign the bottom of page 2, section 5, and sign. If you will be sending a prescription medication, page 3 must be filled out and signed by the child's doctor. A form was sent home if your child needs an updated physical. If you have any questions, please contact the school nurse.
FUN RUN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:
November 17, 2017
Volunteers needed throughout the day
Interested in helping support this event?