In an effort to ensure parents and guardians with limited English are provided with access to important information and documents in their native language, the Grafton Public Schools has developed a system for the translation and oral interpretation of information.
Written Document Translation
- Building administrative assistants review incoming registrations, which includes the Home Language Survey; they will inform the ELL director of the need for translated communication.
- The ELL director will alert the data coordinator, who will place an ELL alert on the student’s PowerSchool page, indicating to staff that translation or oral interpretation services are needed.
- The ELL director will meet with building administrators to ensure that the all documents, including but not limited to handbooks, progress reports, report cards, and weekly updates, are translated.
- Teachers and other school staff will post information on the district website, which allows for translation into other languages.
- The ELL director will send a letter to parents in their native language with instructions on how to translate the district website and PowerSchool.
- Building administrative assistants review incoming registrations, which includes the Home Language Survey; they will inform the ELL director of the need for translated communication with a family.
- The ELL director will meet with building administrators to ensure that arrangements for oral interpretation are provided for face-to-face meetings.
- The building administrators will work with the Special Education Office to secure an oral interpreter.
The Grafton Public Schools will post all important information and documents on its website. Families with limited English can use the translation tools available on the District's website to access this information in their native language.
- From a web browser on a computer go to www.graftonps.org.
- Click the Translate menu on the top right of the District's home page.
- Click the desired language in the list provided.
Student Data and Report Cards
The Grafton Public Schools utilizes a robust student information system (PowerSchool) to house a variety of student data. Parents are provided access to this system to update demographic data and view important information such as student attendance and report cards. PowerSchool provides families with limited English the ability to have information translated in their native language.
- From a web browser on a computer go to https://gpspower.graftonps.org/public/.
- Click the dropdown arrow in the field labeled Select Language.
- Enter your unique username and password in the appropriate fields.
- Click Sign In.