WPI Pre-Collegiate Outreach Programs
In-Person Summer Offerings
In the Launch program for rising 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students will leverage research and technology to find solutions to current problems in a variety of scientific fields alongside WPI’s renowned faculty. Launch is offered as a commuter program where students will be able to step into the shoes of a video game designer, computer programmer, crime scene investigator, robotics engineer, and more! Please see the program details for more information regarding format.
The Frontiers program, running for over 40 years, is a residential, overnight program for rising 10th, 11th and 12th grade students who want to explore STEM through a collegiate lens, and prepare for their own collegiate journey. Students will be challenged to explore the outer limits of their knowledge in STEM and explore unsolved global issues, along with a touch of humanities through another aspect such business entrepreneurship, digital painting, psychology, and more.
Boston University 2023 Summer Term High School Programs
Next summer, we are offering five pre-college programs, each of which provides rigorous and collaborative college life experiences that will enable students to gain a strong sense of their personal and academic potential. Students may apply through the link above.
- High School Honors is a six-week residential, commuter, or online program in which students take Boston University undergraduate courses and earn up to 8 transferable college credits. Students must be entering their junior or senior year of high school in fall 2023.
- RISE Internship/Practicum is a six-week, non-credit residential or commuter program in which students conduct scientific research in a university lab under the guidance of a faculty mentor. Students must be entering their senior year of high school in fall 2023.
- Academic Immersion (AIM) is a three-week, non-credit residential or commuter program for students to focus intensively on a single academic topic while experiencing life on a college campus. This summer we are offering three AIM tracks: Introduction to Experimental Psychology; Introduction to Medicine; and Creative Writing. Each track combines classroom work in the subject area with hands-on experiential learning activities. Students must be entering their junior or senior year of high school in fall 2023.
- Summer Challenge is a two-week residential or online program in which students take two non-credit seminars of their choice and experience college life. Students must be entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school in fall 2023.
- Summer Preview is a one-week, non-credit residential or commuter program in which students explore one subject of interest while previewing the college experience. Students must be entering eighth grade or their freshman or sophomore year of high school in fall 2023.
Northeastern Accelerate Pre-College 2023 Program
The application process is now open for Accelerate Pre-College Programs 2023 at Northeastern!
Residential Boston and Oakland campus programs are taught by their internationally acclaimed faculty, allowing students to gain extensive, hands-on, experiential education in subjects including engineering, health sciences, ethics & emerging technologies, entrepreneurship, and more. Accelerate Pre-College Programs combine innovative content, experiential learning, and a world-class environment—giving talented high school students a true Northeastern experience.