How Do I.....
This section of the Human Resources Department page addresses Frequently Asked Questions. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, please email Kristen Gasper, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
1. Write a letter to the Assistant Superintendent requesting the lane change and citing which degree has been conferred.
2. Complete the golden rod sheet (available at Central Office). Attach official transcript noting degree conferred and dates conferred. Attach all course approval forms. If you need information from your personnel file, please make an appointment with Central Office. If going to Masters from B+15 the courses you will note are those you completed beyond the ones you used to get B+15.
3. The Asst. Superintendent will review packet submitted, if complete a letter will be generated to Employee, Personnel File & Payroll. Lane changes are only to be submitted twice a year by September 15 or February 1 As per the teacher contract.
**Please note: Courses taken either for reimbursement, salary credit or BOTH MUST be pre-approved by the Superintendent**
Questions? Contact Lynn Leofanti at Central Office
firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.839.5421 ext. 1023
When an employee legally changes their name:
- The employee notifies the Human Resources Department and provides legal documentation (copy of marriage license, divorce decree).
- If the employee is a DESE licensed educator, the employee is responsible for contacting DESE to update their licensure: http://www.doe.mass.edu/licensure/academic-prek12/name-change.html
- The name change will be updated across all of our technology and payroll systems. A new badge with the updated name will be sent to the building.