Monday - B Day
Tuesday - C Day
Wednesday - D Day
Thursday - E Day
Friday - A Day
WORD OF THE WEEK:
- SPORTSMANSHIP - Showing good manners and respect for your opponents in winning or in defeat. Take the time to reflect on your actions when playing games at recess, in class, or on a team. Are you showing good sportsmanship? Discuss what good sportsmanship looks like with your class, friends, and family.
SAVE THE DATE:
October 26 - 5th Grade Field Trip to the State House
October 27 - Picture Retake Day
October 31 - Early Dismissal @ 10:55
October 31 - Second Grade Halloween Parade @ 8:30
November 3 - Movie Night @ NSS
NSS FUN RUN:
Friday, November 17
This 9 day event kicks off Monday November 6 with a Pep Rally! Look for the Crown Pledge book to come with your child on November 6. Exciting prizes, team incentives (by class), and teacher rewards will be handed out! You can create your own child’s star video to share with family, friends, co-workers and neighbors. Fun Run is healthy fitness fun for everyone! Thank you for supporting the Fall’s biggest fundraiser. If you would like to help please email: Katheleen Schaker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Liz Spinney at email@example.com
Parent/Guardian volunteers are welcome encouraged the day of the event!
- 8:00-8:45 - 6th Grade
- 8:45-9:30 - 4th Grade
- 9:30-10:15 - 5th Grade
- 10:15 - 11:00 - 3rd Grade
- 11:00-11:45 - 2nd Grade
PTG HAPPENINGS AT A GLANCE:
Please click above to read about important PTG sponsored events, volunteer opportunities, and contributions to North Street Schools.
NSS MOVIE NIGHT:
Friday, November 3
First NSS Movie Night of the year! Doors open at 6:15 PM, movie starts at 6:45 PM. $5 admission for kids/parents are free. Pizza, popcorn, and other refreshments will be sold. Flyer will be sent home this week. Volunteers are needed, a flyer was sent home with students on Friday. To sign up and volunteer please visit the sign up genious at:
School banking will begin on Wednesday, October 25th. All students received a letter last week sharing the benefits of this program and how to register. Teaching students the importance of saving money and building financial knowledge is critical. Thank you to Michelle Liston and Jill Collins, our banking volunteers, for organizing this great program! If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the main office.
- Flu Clinic - There will be a flu clinic offered November 2, 2017 from 4-6 PM at NGES, (North Grafton Elementary School), 46 Waterville Street, North Grafton. Any paperwork required will be posted on the Grafton website.
- Grade 3 - Vision and hearing screening will begin 10/16/17. Notices were sent home for your child's screening day. If your child wears glasses, please make sure they bring them to school on their screening day.
- Grade 4 - Mandatory MA State Requirement: 4th Grade physicals are due. Notices were sent home on Friday, October 13th for students still requiring a physical.
- Grade 6 - Sargent Center - If your child will be attending the field trip to Nature's Classroom, please send in their health consent as soon as possible. If your child has an Epipen, I can send the Epipen from school with their orders. Any other prescription medication needed must be ordered by a physician, and the medication must be sent from home in a labeled container. If you will be sending an over-the-counter medication, you must list the medication and sign the consent form. Any medication must be in its original unopened package. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Sawtelle in the office.
GRAFTON LIONS CLUB PEACE POSTERS
Please click the link below for rules of participation and steps to enter the contest
Lions Club Peace Poster Rules
OPERATION FRIENDSHIP DANCE:
Friday, October 27
7:00PM - 10:00PM
BOO! Join Operation Friendship of Grafton for our Halloween dance! All Grafton residence 5-8th grade grade are invited to come from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm at the Grafton Middle School. During the dance, there will be an optional “haunted hallway”, costume contest with prizes and other spooky games and treats! Costumes are encouraged! As for parents-no need to worry! We will make sure you feel safe sending your kids to our dances, which are always chaperoned by certified crowd managers. If you're a new parent, feel free to let us know about any concerns you may have at the door. We do want to remind parents and attendees that Operation Friendship maintains a zero tolerance policy regarding bullying and misconduct, and that we expect students to dress appropriately. Additionally, for safety we do not allow students to leave our dances without a ride home – they cannot walk home from the dance. Should you have any additional questions, please contact Kim Edgren at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-735-5820.
BOX TOP FLYER
Box Tops are due Monday 10/23! Which class will win extra recess? Keep saving the box tops as the next context will be announced soon. Thank you to Susan Craig and Michelle Liston for the fantastic bulletin board!